Tattersall’s Club was founded in 1865 by a group of gentlemen who were prominent in both business and in the thoroughbred horseracing industry in Queensland. The Club derives its name from Tattersall's, the London horse auction mart and “subscription rooms” founded in 1776.
For over 150 years Tattersall’s Club has been associated with the growth of Brisbane and Club Membership now spans all the professions, government, commerce and sports.
In 1997 the Club’s redevelopment was completed to include the Healy Room restaurant, Tattersall’s Function Centre catering for up to 300 guests, 18 Accommodation rooms, fully equipped Health and Wellness Centre, 25 metre indoor heated swimming pool, O'Duffy Library, Business Centre and administration offices.
Tattersall’s Club offers all the elegance and style in traditional and historical surrounds and is committed to excellence in all its facilities and service.