The Cycling Club would like to welcome all Tattersall’s Members and their guests who have an interest in cycling, to join our interest group. We cater to all levels of fitness and ability with rides ranging from 35 kilometres, up to longer distance rides in excess of 100 kilometres.
We also participate in long-distance (Charity) rides including these 2017 classics
- Great Brisbane Bike Ride (Diabetes QLD)
- Yatala to Byron Bay (Motor Neuron Disease)
- Brissie to the Bay (Multiple Sclerosis)
- Brisbane to Gold Coast (Heart Foundation)
- BMW Ride for Life – Brisbane to Redcliffe (Guide Dogs & MND Foundation)
Each month the club hosts a breakfast after the first Saturday of the month ride – a popular ride taking in some of Brisbane’s different cycling routes. Leaving from the Club Saturday rides take in varying routes include; Redcliffe, Wynnum, Moggill and Upper Mt Gravatt.
We even have our own Tattersall’s Three Peaks ride, taking in Mt Cootha, Nathan Hill and Mt Gravatt Lookout.
As the club forms and establishes the coming year’s calendar, we welcome any suggestions to enhance the club experience. Some ideas already tabled for consideration include:
- Watching the Tour one night at the Club
- Interstate ride (i.e. Melbourne’s 200k Around the Bay, Tour Down Under)
- Even an International trip (i.e. Italy)
- 24hr Charity Ride in the Mall using stationary bikes
- Activities with other interest groups
- Also forming a Racing Team to compete
The Tattersall’s Cycling Club Committee was formalized on Tuesday 1st of August 2017
President: Tyson Clarke
Vice-President: Milton Burrell
Secretary: John Lewis
Treasurer: Matt Buckley
Committeemen: Wayne Fleming
- Insurance – we recommend Bicycle Queensland
- Riding etiquette – we support cycling for cancer and more information can be found here.
- Team App – we commincate through Team App and all rides are hosted here. Once installed search for Tattersall’s Cycling, follow the link to download on your phone
- We map our rides and keep times using Strava. Once installed search for Tattersall’s Cycling, follow the link to download to your phone here