About this Policy
Tattersalls Club (ABN [74 070 760 440]) (Tattersalls) (‘we’, ‘us’, ‘our’) understands the importance of, and is committed to, protecting your personal information. We comply with the Privacy Act 1988 (Privacy Act). We are bound by the Australian Privacy Principles (APPs) which regulate how we may collect, use, disclose and store personal information, and how our customers and suppliers and stakeholders (‘you’) may access and correct personal information we hold about you.
- clearly communicate how we deal with personal information
- enhance the transparency of Tattersalls operations
- give a better and more complete understanding of the sort of personal information that Tattersalls holds, and the way we handle that information
Who to contact
Once a complaint has been lodged, the Privacy Officer will respond to you as soon as possible.
You may also lodge a complaint with the Office of the Australian Information Commissioner by telephone: 1300 363 992 or email: email@example.com
Tattersalls Privacy Officer: Tel [3331 8888]
Some of the purposes for which we collect your Personal Information include:
- providing you with information about Tattersalls facilities, products, services, events, announcements and special offers
- providing you with information about businesses operating in the Tattersalls arcade that may add value to your experience of the club
- registration to membership programs or newsletter subscriptions
- registration to attend an event at the club
- participation in an online survey
- participation in discussion groups or forums
- activities in support of the above including administration, employment, management, marketing, contracting, online and mobile marketing, IT, legal, security, member support, finance (including credit control) and human resources
Personal Information we may collect about you
We collect information about you that we reasonably need for our club functions and activities. Our club functions and activities include providing you with Tattersalls information, products and services – these are described generally on our website, social media sites, our brochures, advertising, letters and emails and communications to members, and activities in support of those functions including administration, employment, evaluation, management, marketing, contracting, online and mobile marketing, IT, legal, security, member support, finance and human resources.
We may collect personal information that you choose to give us via your membership form, interest group forms, online forms, social media comments or by email, which may include:
- your name
- your contact details, which may include postcode, postal, residential or business address, telephone number, facsimile number and email address
- information we may require to provide you with a service
- any other information you include in your communication.
Other personal information
In particular circumstances we may collect other information about you, for example:
- if you send us an email, we will retain the content of the email (including the sender address) and our response to you where we consider it necessary to do so
- If you apply for a position with us, we may collect information to help us decide your application, including your contact details, date of birth, work history, academic history, referees, tax file number, medical and relationship status and similar details
- if you request information from us (for example about a facility, product, service or event) or register a complaint, we collect information about your request or complaint;
Domain site cookies.
How we collect information about you
Mostly we collect your personal information directly from you, for example when you:
- apply to become a member or partner of the club
- register with an interest group
- register for an event or book accommodation in the club
- register for other membership programs and newsletter subscriptions
- participate in questionnaires and surveys
- participate in competitions, race meetings, events, sweepstakes and other marketing and promotional activities
Sometimes we collect personal information about you from another person or business, or from a publicly available source. For example:
- our service providers may provide us with your personal information from websites, mobile sites, social media sites, other technology based sources, location based sources and composites of any of these sources
- your employer may give us your details in relation to a supply or sales contract or provision of a product or service, or your participation in an event
Uses of your Personal Information
We will only use your Personal Information for the purpose it was collected. We will not subsequently change the way we use your Personal Information without your consent or unless we are required to do so by law.
Some of the ways we may use your Personal Information include:
- To keep you up to date on the latest Tattersalls announcements, events, special offers, and other information. This may occasionally include information from other Tattersalls business partners that can add value to your club membership.
- To allow you to provide member feedback.
- To provide contests, sweepstakes or other marketing or promotional activities. Personal Information may be collected to administer those programs.
- To conduct questionnaires and surveys in order to provide better services to our members and partners. Your completion of any questionnaires is voluntary.
- To support recruitment inquiries.
- To understand more about you, so we can personalise products and services to your preferences. For example, we may allow you the opportunity to request specific information on products and services that may be of interest.
- So that we can administer our dealings with you (and your employer if applicable), to provide you with information and to respond to any requests that you may have (for example, so that we can administer and provide you with Tattersalls event information)
- so that we can function efficiently as a membership organisation, for example, we may collect your personal information for research, marketing, for efficiency purposes or so that we can offer new products and services, reconcile transactions, or if you are a customer or supplier so that we can record your dealings with us
- so that we can decide whether to employ or contract with you
- To meet contract obligations.
Sharing your Personal Information
Depending on the circumstances, we may disclose your personal information to other people including one or more of the following:
- Interest group representatives – so they can contact you about an interest group
- service providers including agents, contractors, IT, security, legal, accounting, research, credit, credit reporting bodies, marketing, insurers, financial institutions, debt collection agencies and others
- businesses and sponsors who sell products and services that we think you will be interested in
- if you are an employee or contractor we may disclose your personal information to other employees, management and contractors;
- our affiliated or reciprocal organisations and clubs
- government, regulatory and law enforcement authorities, where we are required to or permitted to by law
- your employer, if you are an employee of a subcontractor or contractor
- to prevent or investigate any fraud or crime (or a suspected fraud or crime)
We may disclose your personal information to an overseas service provider, for example a reciprocal club, a cloud data centre or a customer information call centre. Our overseas service providers may be located Europe, the United States, Asia or South America.
If it is not practicable or reasonable for us to gain your consent to disclose your personal information to an overseas service provider, we will take reasonable steps to notify you of the specific countries where we disclose your personal information. We will take reasonable steps to ensure that the overseas services provider is bound by privacy and confidentiality obligations.
Accuracy of your Personal Information
We will make reasonable endeavours to ensure that our records of the Personal Information you have shared with us are accurate, relevant, up to date, complete and not misleading. However, we need your help in doing this. Please notify us of any changes to, or errors in, your Personal Information.
Security of your Personal Information
Tattersalls is committed to protecting the Personal Information you share with us. We utilise a combination of industry-standard security technologies, procedures, and organisational measures to help protect your Personal Information from unauthorised access, use or disclosure.
While we strive to protect your Personal Information, we cannot ensure the security of the information you transmit.
We recommend that you take every precaution in protecting your Personal Information when you are on the Internet. For example, change your passwords often, use a combination of letters and numbers when creating passwords, and make sure you use a secure browser. You can visit the Linksys website for more tips for using security features when connected to the Internet using a router.
Accessing your Personal Information
You have a right to access Personal Information you have shared with us, subject to some exceptions permitted by law. If you would like to access your Personal Information, please let us know. For security reasons, we may require you to put your request in writing.
Tattersalls reserves the right to charge a fee for retrieving and providing access to your Personal Information.
If you’re a user or visitor from the European Economic Area these rights also apply to you:
We are a data controller of your personal information for the purposes of the the General Data Protection Regulation 2016/679 (GDPR).
Your rights under the GDPR
Under certain circumstances, the GDPR grants you certain rights in relation to your Personal Information. In summary, you have the right to:
- request access to your personal information (known as a data subject access request)
- request rectification of incomplete or inaccurate personal information that we hold about you.
- request erasure of your personal information. We must comply unless there is a reason for us to continue to hold and process it
- object to processing of your personal information in certain circumstances, for example, if you feel our processing impacts on your fundamental rights and freedoms.
- request restriction of processing of your personal information.
- request the transfer of your personal information to you or to a third party.
- withdraw your consent if we are relying on consent to process your personal information.
To exercise any of the above rights please contact us as per the contact details above.
Newsletters and marketing
As described above, we may use your personal information, including your contact details, to provide you with newsletters and information about facilities, products, services and events, including those of third parties, which we consider may be of interest to you. We may do this, even if you are on the Do Not Call Register.
We may also provide your details to our service providers for specific marketing purposes, including to build a profile of your consumer behaviour.
You may opt out at any time if you no longer wish to receive newsletters or other marketing information from us. Each email newsletter we provide includes instructions on how you can unsubscribe from that particular newsletter service. You may also unsubscribe from Tattersalls various newsletters and marketing communications by contacting us per the contact details above.
Links on our website